Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Waiting to depart to Quito (again)

Last Tuesday evening I got an e-mail of a flight confirmation back to Chicago for Wednesday night, very confused I facetimed my mom. I then got the news that my Gramma Gerri, one of the most genuine and loving people in my life, had unexpectedly passed away Tuesday morning. I was heartbroken and so upset, thankfully my host mom was there with tea and a big warm hug. I flew home the next night unsure if I would be returning to Quito. The flight home I thought a lot about my 10 wonderful days in Ecuador and how disappointed I would be if I didn't return. A huge thank you to April, Kathleen, everyone from Simon Bolivar and my parents for making it possible to finish out my time in Quito!!!!! Going back a second time I am feeling pure excitement. I am excited to be back in the beautiful city of Quito and to be surrounded by mountains. I can't wait to see my friends and my host family! I know my Gramma would have wanted me to finish out my adventure, and I want to continue making her proud! I feel so blessed to have this opportunity and to be surrounded by such supportive people.

See you in Ecuador!!! Thank you for reading!

Love,

Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment