Sunday, May 15, 2016

Waiting to Depart To Ecuador!



The day is here! After a delay in Chicago and long security lines I made to Houston, next stop Ecuador! I am so happy to be chosen as one of Spirit's scholarship recipients and I cannot wait for this month long adventure. Walking off the plane in Quito will be a terrifying, yet exciting feeling. I am looking forward to meeting my host family and seeing my new home for the upcoming weeks. I am anxious about my Spanish skills and if I will be able to keep up with the fast pace of native speakers. Going into this alone is challenging but I have a positive mind set and am trying to keep my nerves to a minimum. Danielle (a previous scholarship winner) talked about how friendly all the other volunteers were and how easy it is to make friends which makes me feel better about braving this alone. I feel so blessed to be granted this amazing opportunity.

See you in Ecuador!!!

Molly

1 comment:

  1. Hi Molly - can't wait to hear more about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete