Saturday, July 18, 2015

Picture Blog: Fun at the Park and Fun at the Water Museum

As I said in my previous post, a lot of the moments I've captured at camp have been video, but since realizing I can't put them online due to internet issues, I've began taking more photos. These are some of the photos from this Thursday and Friday at Jugando con los Valores!

Thursday
On this day, we began as we always do at the park. We start with ice breakers and dynamic games to get the kids excited for the day, but also to wear them out a bit. After that, however, I accompanied 25 of the ~75 kids to the water museum, wherein they get to run around a park with sprinklers, blow bubbles, and learn about basic science of water.

Leader Rodrigo crawling underneath the snake of children
Leader Isaac leading a song about cats and french fries
Our water museum guide beginning the tour 
This guy wanted to pose
Learning about how some insects can remain at the surface of water
Painting with water 
A demonstration of how water takes the form of the object it's in
Learning about water twisters
Learning about water currents
Learning about water currents with a world map 
Bubbles
And inside bubbles 
Playing at the park 
She refused to take a picture so I naturally took that as a challenge to sneak one in
Posing

Friday
On this day, a few leaders and I remained at the park with the kids who went to the museum yesterday or were new. We played on the playground, learned about different kinds of love and how we demonstrate them, and played more games.

Teaching me how to be a mono (monkey) 
Let the games begin
And they're off
Professional spoon-lime walker 
The kids who didn't do sack and lime racing shared their artistic sides
Last but definitely not least, one of the sweetest campers and I played frisbee for his first time

Reflection
This camp started off kind of hard on me, but I've really gotten into the groove of things and have already grown major attachments to some of the kids after only one week. Sometimes, life just takes adjusting or working through and suddenly it's worth all the struggles.

What to Look Forward to
Today, I'm off to Baños! I'll be doing a lot of fun and exciting activities, like white water rafting, jumping off a bridge with nothing but a rope to protect my life, and hanging out in hot springs. I am so excited!

Thanks for checking out what I've got to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment